The Sick & Indigent Roomkeepers Society respects your privacy in relation to the Data Protection Acts 1988–2003 and 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR; EU 2016/679) and Directive 2002/58/EC (“ePrivacy Directive”). The Society is the data controller of any personal data held on or collected via our website, www.roomkeepers.ie
When you use our site the Sick & Indigent Roomkeepers Society collects the following data:
- Personal information you have provided, for example your name, email address, phone number and your IP address.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with the data we collect when you:
- Make a donation online
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process donations and for financial administration and reporting purposes and
- Acknowledge receipt of donations
How do we store your data?
- For revenue purposes your data are retained for 7 years after which the data are securely deleted.
Are personal data shared with third parties?
Apart from the payment providers, viz. Stripe, we do not share your data with third parties. Please be assured that your data would only be disclosed in circumstances where we were required by law to do so or where you have given prior permission to disclose your information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Keeping you signed in while accessing the site
- Understanding how you use the website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies on our website, for example:
Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and www.allaboutcookies.org explains how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Your data protection rights: you may request —
- Access to the personal data we hold on you.
- Correction of inaccurate information or updating of your data.
- Erasure of your personal data where feasible.
- You have the right to object to processing of your personal data or to restrict processing of your data.
- You have the right to request transfer of data collected to another organization, or directly to you, where technically feasible.
In compliance with data protection legislation we undertake to respond to requests within 30 days.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
By email: email@example.com Or, in writing:
Chairperson, Sick & Indigent Roomkeepers Society, 41, Fitzwilliam Square West, Dublin 2, D02 F961.
Your request will be treated confidentially.
If you have been dissatisfied with the outcome of a personal access request complaints may be addressed to the Data Protection Commission, 21, Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28.
Ratified by: Board of the Sick & Indigent Roomkeepers Society, 20 January 2022